Monday, July 6, 2009

Holidays - well sort of ..

It's the quiet season for weddings at the moment and I've
actually managed a few free weekends !
So it's been great to head away with the family and even photograph my own kids.
McKenzie who's almost 8 and Dominic who's almost 4.
This pic below of McKenzie, Dom wasn't all that interested and had his cranky pants on ..

We also played tourists and went for a nice drive up to Tamborine Mountain.
We took the kids on the Sky Walk and walked around Gallery Walk,
bought some yummy fudge and watched the hangliders take off !
Now I had left my camera at home on purpose wanting to enjoy a
weekend without shooting, and for the most part I was happy
letting my wife (who also shoots) take
all the photos of the kids etc ..

I did however steal her 5D away for just a minute when the temptation became
too much for me, I managed to shoot this shot below while visiting curtis falls.
Anyone that knows ANYTHING about photography knows that to really shoot waterfalls you have to have at least a tripod, a cable release & decent light, I of course had none of these things.
But I was reasonably happy with the result. Not the most perfect shot I've taken, hand held at about half a second (holding really really still).




No comments: